- Skilled host/writer/interviewer/reporter
- Copywriting, blogging, ad writing
- Expert in news, public affairs, politics, and music
- ProTools, Sound Forge , Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4, WordPress, and Photoshop Elements
- AP/Associated Press NewsDesk with Sound Library and MetroSource
Ultimate Classic Rock/Townsquare Media
2013 – 2014
• Freelance writer of news and historical stories of classic rock artists.
• Leverage almost one million Facebook Likes for Ultimate Classic Rock to promote content.
• Use WordPress CMS to write and format posts.
Total Traffic & Weather Network-Clear Channel Media + Entertainment
News writer | Reporter | Traffic Producer
• News writer for MetroSource — a news service used by radio stations around the country.
• Gather traffic and news information and wordsmith it into broadcast ready copy.
• News and traffic reports broadcast to audience in the #4 radio market in the U.S.
Writer | Host | Video Editor
• Host, writer, and video editor of web video feature spotlighting Truthout writers.
• Truthout is the #1 Alexa Site Traffic Rank in San Francisco and Seattle, and #2 Alexa Ranking in Minneapolis-St Paul.
• Tools used: Final Cut Pro (video editing), Motion 5 (Motion graphics) Celtx (copywriting), and lots and lots of email.
• Music write/editor, TV and film reviewer, podcaster, and video segment producer.
• Tools used: WordPress, YouTube, SoundCloud, and leverage Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus for syndication of content.
TradioV, San Francisco, CA
Writer | TV Director | Video Editor
• Writer, director, and video editor of TV show, “Fresh From the Farmers Market.”
• Show aired in #4 market in the U.S. (KOFY TV 20).
• Audience views per episode: over 30k.
• Tools used: Final Cut Pro (video editing), Celtx (script writing and production scheduling), Basecamp (project management).
KKIQ & KKDV
Coast Radio, Inc
Marketing | Promotions | Social Media Director, 2009-2012
• Writer of advertising and promotional copy.
• Lead manager on internal and external marketing and promotional campaigns.
• Author of company social media strategy used to increase station loyalty.
News Director | On-Air Host | Traffic Anchor | Public Affairs Director
• News writer and anchor of morning newscasts and traffic reports on KKIQ.
• Writer, host, and audio editor public affairs interview program on KKIQ and KKDV.
• Commercial copywriting for radio advertising and promotional campaigns.
KQED 88.5 FM
On-Air Host (Fill-in) “Forum with Michael Krasny”
- Hosted live 2 hours news/interview program in the #4 market in the U.S
- Hour one: “The CIA’s Destruction of Interrogation Videos (Listen HERE)
- Hour two: Interview with NRP foreign correspondent, Eric Weiner, on his book The Geography of Bliss (Listen HERE)
KOIT 96.5 FM
News and Public Affairs Assistant
- Copy editing for newscasts
- Aired public affairs features
- Audio production
KCBS 740 AM
San Francisco, CA
- Commercial copy editing
- Commercial dubs
- Assisted traffic and continuity with spot load
CHR/Hot AC 1983-1987
- Weekend on-air personality
- Fill-in weekday personality
- Assisted program director in managing music library
San Leandro, CA
Videographer | Video Editor and Still Photographer
- Non-linear video editing for industrial video
- Lead videographer on company-wide productions
- Music editing on video productions
- Still photography for company communications and monthly employee newsletter
BA Political Science, San Francisco State University
MA Political Science, San Francisco State University
MA American Civilization, University of Pennsylvania
Member of SAG-AFTRA Union since 2013